This job is no longer available
This is a Full Time position to the Cheif Inspector.
- To perform the inspection of conventional PCBs, cable-forms and complete products following the appropriate check lists.
- To operate the automatic optical inspection machine inspecting surface mount technology PCBs to spot assembly build errors
- To use the Mantis inspection magnifier to check for soldering defects on SMT PCSs.
- To record all defects detected onto the Quality Database. To also record the defects attributed to assembly staff on an inspection record list held with the job.
- To correct minor flowsolder defects, keeping records of these.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to the Cheif Inspector for improvements to the inspection and Quality systems.
- To carry out and complete Quality and Procedure audits in line with the audit program drawn up by the Quality Manager.
To be familiar with IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies quality standards and to be able to identify types of defects in line with these standards.
To be able to identify most electronic components and read the values. In particular to be able to read resistor colour codes to obtain the component value.
To have good solderig skills that conform to IPC-A-610 class 3