This job is no longer available
Our client is one of the major record labels and is currently looking for an experienced Manager of Investments to join the successful finance team.
This fantastic opportunity for the Manager of Investments would consist of ensuring the smooth running of the Investments office the successful Manager of Investments will furthermore be in charge of the continuous improvement of the Investment Office processes and deal flow.
- Review the business and financial rationale for each investment against the client’s financial and strategic requirements.
- Build and continually develop standard deal models to reflect changes in the client’s strategy and deal structures.
- Prepare deal summaries and recommendations for the Director Investments & FP&A and the Executive Board.
- Maintain visibility of investments pipeline by engaging with global deal teams.
- Coordinate contributions and actions from Investment Pipeline Meetings.
- Work with deal teams to provide guidance on materials and analysis required to improve quality of deal flow and analysis.
- Arrange assessment of performance of individual investments and capture key learnings.
- Support the Director Investments & FP&A with ad hoc projects and analysis as required.
- Deal models and deal summaries, including investment recommendations, for Director Investments & FP&A and Executive Board.
- Up to date Investment Pipeline Tracker, Investments Approval Tracker and Options report.
- Successful delivery of ad hoc projects and analysis as required.
- Strong quantitative and strategic background
- Previous management experience in a professional environment (e.g. management consultancy, bank, accountancy firm). At least 1-2 years capital appraisal/ investment experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and financial analysis and modelling skills.
- Project management experience.
- Good knowledge of Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience in music or media industries preferred.
- Strong, energetic and motivated individual with a passion for the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high visibility, intellectually stimulating environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-starter with a high level of intellectual agility, initiative and flexible thinking. A good balance of EQ and IQ.
- Graduate & Qualified Accountant
- Excel – Advanced Level
- PowerPoint – Advanced Level
- Experience of Hyperion & SAP an advantage