This job is no longer available
HEAD OF PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT - (WORLD LEADING GAMES STUDIO) - CAMBRIDGE
We are seeking a Head of Programme Management to join one of the world’s largest independent Online Games Studios. Expect to play a major role in driving the overall project release schedule for an iconic and highly anticipated MMO. Read on...
With 3 Guinness world records; a Queen’s Award for Enterprise (2011) a Deloitte Technology Fast 50 (2010); a Sunday Times Top 100 company to work for (2008) and countless other awards to their name, our client is a multi-award winning business who employ over 450 people and sit at the very forefront of the online games industry, developing and publishing mini games and leading titles interacted by millions worldwide!
Working within a close knit studio environment the Head of Programme Management will take ownership of key development projects, from planning and budget management to milestone delivery and team leadership you will drive the overall project release schedule whilst continually reporting your progress back to the senior management team.
In short, you will co-ordinate efforts across the organisation, seamlessly pulling games development, marketing, community management, support and localisation teams together to ensure schedules are synced and that progress is made.
To qualify... We are seeking an experienced Programme Manager, Senior Gaming Project Manager (looking to make that step up) or similar who is capable of demonstrating:
- Extensive experience of games development project management.
- A solid understanding of the full software development life cycle and the use of project management tracking tools.
- An excellent working knowledge of Agile project management using SCRUM.
- Great communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence others.
- Strong ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously whilst also spotting dependencies.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to work on multiple tasks or projects and prioritise effectively.
- Direct experience of managing games development / technical projects through the full project life cycle and leading cross functional teams.
- Strong problem solving, conceptual and analytical skills.
- Exemplary project management skills and the ability to create and implement large, complex technical projects.
- Relevant qualification at degree level or equivalent.
Any prior experience gained as a Programme Manager or Project Manager within the computer games industry is advantageous as is exposure to PRINCE2.
Joining a team of talented and enthusiastic people you will get to work with one of the largest independent games Studios in the World so expect a great working environment and superb benefits to match, including: Bonuses, private healthcare, flexible working, gym membership and loads more. Get in touch...
Keywords: Head of Programme Management, Programme Manager, Senior Gaming Project Manager, Senior Project Manager, Games Project Manager, Senior Games Producer, Producer, Gaming, Project Management Jobs in Gaming, Senior Gaming Producer, Gaming Project Management Jobs in Cambridge, PM, Gaming PM, Product Lead, Games Development PM, Development PM, Project Management Jobs in Gaming, Project Management Jobs in Cambridge, Senior Project Management Jobs in Cambridge, Head of Programme Management Jobs in Cambridge, Programme Management Jobs in Cambridge, South East, England, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB1.
Guru are an employment business renowned for delivering careers networking to the IT / Gaming sector. In this instance Guru are managing the selection process for this particular Head of Programme Management campaign on the behalf of our client. We offer a transparent service to both clients and candidates which means that if you pass our initial filtering criteria (based on your CV suitability against our client’s requirements) we will email you with the client’s details and also pass your complete application to the client for consideration. By applying to this role you are granting consent for us to work in this way. One final note, your application will only be used in conjunction with this specific role.