This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London (South East)
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company’s client utilizes decades of experience to develop, construct and operate large-scale wind farms. The client has played major roles in UK Rounds 1, 2 and 3 and is growing their business both in the UK and other markets. Their capability covers all stage of a wind farm’s development and all elements from turbines through to the grid. They are currently approaching the 6GW landmark.
They are a world leader in renewable energy with an enviable track record for project delivery.
Moreover the Client has seen exceptional growth over the last few years which is continuing to this day. They are expanding our business in development, engineering, project management, construction and operations and maintenance for involvement in offshore renewables projects.
Reporting to the senior offshores construction Project Manager, the primary responsibility of the role is to coordinate and manage project work related to the marine construction and installation aspects of marine renewable energy projects for all phases of the project.
As a member of the Offshore Construction Team you will ensure clarity and efficiency in the following areas of responsibility:
• The identification of suitable construction vessels, methods and bases plus the overall logistics requirement to ensure the project is constructed safely, within budget and without harm to persons or the environment.
• Manage and supervise the requirements for the logistics, installation and construction processes, whilst working within the Project Management, Quality, Safety and Environmental Procedures throughout the term of the project.
• Manage and programme the contracting process from the preparation of transportation / marine / construction ITTs through to completion of commissioning, at all times conducting the contract management with commercial sensitivity
• Actively manage safety and personnel welfare for all persons within their responsibility throughout all phases of the project lifecycle
• Liaise with all the Offshore departments, project specialists, Clients and Contractors as necessary to ensure a successful project outcome
• Input into design and engineering of the project components, including installation tools, to ensure that they are manufactured, tested, transported, put into service and utilised in a cost effective and safe manner
• Engage with Marine Warranty, Classification, Insurance and regulatory bodies to ensure that there are no holds in the progress or non-conformances during project lifecycle.
• Ensure that all marine vessels, personnel and equipment are suitably certified and fit for purpose
• Establish Emergency Procedures for all eventualities.
• Ensure that Risk Assessments and JSAs are carried out and any risks are mitigated to as low as reasonably practicable
• Produce and present as necessary monthly project reports outlining progress, budget and safety statistics
• Produce other reports as necessary during the course of the project
• Chair and attend meetings as required
Skills and Experience
Essential Skills –
• Extensive experience and knowledge in marine construction and project management
• Knowledge and experience of project management processes including contracts preparation, negotiation and management; budget establishment and control; project programming and resource identification; risk management processes
• Knowledge and experience of legal regulations used in the offshore construction industry, such as health and safety and the CDM regulations
• An ability to acknowledge any gaps in knowledge and to seek, receive and act upon information from other expert parties within the Offshore department or wider Group
• The technical skills to evaluate complex infrastructure, vessels and logistics.
Desired Skills –
• Knowledge of the offshore wind industry
• Excellent communication skills enabling effective discussion and transfer of information between contractors, clients and the team members
• Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous projects
• The ability to work as a member of a team influencing decisions and reacting positively to the varying challenges as the project evolves
• Strong reporting and presentation skills together with an excellent understanding of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Please note this position will require travel within the UK and the EU, a valid UK driving licence is required and you must be eligible to work freely within the EU.
+44 (0) 203 002 877