This job is no longer available
Our client is a leading social audio web and mobile platform and they are searching for a dynamic and enthusiastic Commercial Director. The client offers a platform which allows users to create and upload, via web and mobile, audio files, photos and maps and share them with friends, customers, other users etc.
They require a Commercial Director to join their passionate team in London. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to take ownership of target sectors and verticals and delivering content solutions and sponsorship and licensing deals. The Commercial Director will be part of the management team and be responsible for driving strategy across both consumer and business segments.
Key Responsibilities of Commercial Director:
• Define, Manage and develop the commercial aspects of the client site and refining offering across b2b and b2c platforms
• Develop a programme for the commercialisation of audio products to be sold via client’s platform
• Develop a programme for the production of exclusive products to be sold via the client’s ecommerce platform.
• Work with the technology team to develop an e-commerce, m-commerce and sponsorship platform that is appropriate for its target audience.
• Develop and implement a plan to achieve significant targets for sponsorship and advertising revenues.
• Liaise with the client’s Global commercial and SMP teams to identify potential strategic partnerships with brands and other third parties and develop and implement a strategy to realise partnerships that will maximise the revenues and user acquisition of the client.
• Proactively network to develop relationships that will benefit the client and lead to the growth of all revenues with strong focus on consumer
• Identify, negotiate, generate and deliver new revenue streams through recognising key potential partners, suppliers and market trends.
• Deliver appropriate deals to include contract negotiation, commercials, service level agreements, warranties and liabilities.
• Working with International teams to co-ordinate international projects and deals.
• Keep up to date with global online trends/competitors and use to maximise opportunity presented by technological innovation and changing online behaviour e.g. increase in e-commerce.
Skills and Experience:
• Agency side experience, preferably in an Advertising or Media agency
• Should have a strong network at a senior level within both agencies and brands direct
• Intimate understanding of agency landscape and ecosphere
• Network includes budget holders in both traditional and digital media
• Familiarity with the sales drivers within digital channels, content executions and campaigns
• Self sufficient
• Experienced in developing sales collateral and commercial models
• Eager to make a name for themselves in new media, platform innovation, connected devices and new consumer models
• Eagerness to take on budget and target responsibility
• Knowledgeable in music, video and current media trends
• Previous experience as a Commercial Director/ Senior Manager is highly desirable
• Experience of managing a team
• Demonstrate track record of growing revenues and user acquisition in a similar role within a digital content business.
• A solid experience of negotiating and implementing various deal types within the e-commerce, m-commerce and social media space.
• Proven track record in growing revenues and business – including commercial modelling and forecasting.
• A demonstrable track record in managing and understanding the processes behind deal making, working with key stakeholders including Finance, Legal & Technical.
• Strong proven commercial acumen
• Results oriented
• Exceptional presentation skills
• Influencing & relationship-building
• Product and customer judgement
• Resilience & tenacity
• Fast thinking, hard working
• Ability to take the initiative