This job is no longer available
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £35K – 37K plus package
Training: Additional relevant training will be offered to the right candidate
Location: Greater London Regions
Consultant: Dina Kary
Our client are a leader in sustainable ways of supplying heat and power with an accent on efficient energy provision. They are currently looking for an experienced CHP/generator engineer to operate and maintain all plant and apparatus across the Greater London Regions.
• Planned & Preventative Maintenance.
• Reactive Maintenance.
• Operate plant and apparatus in a safe & controlled manner.
• Ensure all health, safety & environmental objectives are achieved.
• Respond to emergency call outs.
• Assisting the CHP Team Leader & Manager in contract project development.
• Maintaining a satisfactory level of spare parts & consumables.
• Liaising with client’s representative.
• Representing the company with clients and external agencies.
• Undergo any necessary training deemed necessary.
• Ensure maintenance vehicle is kept clean, tidy and presentable.
• Experienced in Operating & Maintaining Industrial/Commercial Plant.
• Experienced in Operating & Maintaining CHP/Generators.
• Familiar with Energy Centre process and supporting distribution systems.
• Control Room/Operations knowledge.
• Awareness of current Health & Safety Legislation.
• Ensure statutory inspections are carried out satisfactorily and within guide lines
• Proven competence in preparing/amending Method Statements, Risk Assessments, and Permits to Work.
• Proven competence in working with sub-contractors when necessary.
• Full UK driving licence.
• Must have recognised qualification to minimum mechanical engineering disciplines.
• Must have previous experience working as a CHP/Generator engineer.
• The candidate must be familiar with current industry practises and relevant legislation.
• Able to demonstrate a sound technical knowledge in Mechanical engineering within a similar environment.
• Competent in reading design specifications and technical drawings.
• Have a basic understanding of control/monitoring systems.
• Provide technical assistance to client, contractors or work colleagues.
• Experience with Gas fired CHP/Generators
• Electrical experience as well as mechanical
• Familiar with working from electronic maintenance systems
• Understanding of all round fault diagnostics
• Automation, BMS systems experience
• CHP/Generator manufacturer training
Additional training will be given to the right candidate. This role would suit engineers with Diesel, Landfill, Anaerobic register or Tri-generation experience.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0203 002 2877