This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
Consultant: Toby Day
Job Ref: DETD4
Our Client is a leading energy contractor who is extending their targets and has a lot of future growth. This is a great company to build a strong reputation and gain a profile of large projects around the UK.
Based in the Bristol area, you will be in a team of design engineers. You will be responsible for taking the initial enquiry and producing quotations and designs on Solar PV systems for domestic and commercial clients around the UK.
• To provide reactive support to branches in the design of PV projects.
• To train branches in the design of PV systems, so systems are well designed prior to install.
• To provide support for commercial tenders and planning applications.
• Lead on the technical development and project management of: first, large MW projects; second, architecturally prestigious BIPV projects.
• Lead on the development and installation of large MW and architecturally prestigious PV projects.
• Enable branches to quote 12kWp plus systems using G59 Quote tool.
• Ensure quality of design and installation is maintained across the company.
• Ensure good communication between PV Team, Branches, Head Office staff and Directors.
• To improve clarity over handover from design by team, to project management by branch.
• To support installers over new developments and technical issues.
• To monitor market and search out opportunities
• To set up relationships with external experts, structural engineers, designers etc that can support the company.
• To provide central monitoring of dataloggers for O&M contracts.
• General interest in Renewable Energies
• Experience in PV system design
• Experience in designing DC & AC systems
• Electrical schematics, string configuration and layout drawings
• Experience in AutoCAD design
• Experience with DNO (Distribution Network Operator) enquiries regarding G59 and G83 regulation, as well as with planning applications
• Clear understanding of the FIT and MCS scheme
• Ability to communicate and interpret needs effectively
• Attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Advanced IT skills and be fully conversant with the Microsoft Office suite
• Experience in construction sites, CSCS or similar certification
• CSCS supervisor card
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: