This job is no longer available
My client, a global provider of business information, is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager with fluent Portuguese. This is an exciting new role that offers the chance to open up a new market, and with great earning and career potential on offer, it is a superb opportunity to work with an industry-leading product line and make a real name for yourself.
> Research & Strategy
- Using your knowledge of the territory to focus your research to within relevant companies and agencies.
- Coming up with strategies on how to approach the target market.
- You will immerse yourself in the latest updates from the market, so as to ensure that everything is understood about your target companies' marketing/communications activity.
- This is a consultative sales environment, which requires you to first understand your clients' needs before advising them on how your services could positively impact on their bottom line.
- In order to be successful in this role, you will need to develop a deep understanding of both the range of services and also the industry market place.
- Influence key decision makers at varying levels, understanding their business before advising them on the relevant features and benefits of my client's services.
- Thinking creatively to match problems with solutions and out-think the competition.
- To begin with, you will need a proactive and self-motivated attitude, persistently making calls in order to educate potential clients and start to open the market.
- While initial contact will be via the telephone and email, you will be expected to travel to the target market, on average 1 in every 6 weeks. You will therefore back-up initial conversations with face-to-face meetings, where you will be representing my client.
- Once you win an account, you will need to keep regular contact with them to ensure their requirements are being met and that they will renew their contract when it nears completion.
- Provide weekly feedback of sales activity including clients wins/losses, competition activity, product feedback etc.
* Proven track record of successfully hitting targets and growing client base
* Experience in building new relationships and hunting new business/opening markets
* Fluent to a Native Level in Portuguese. Additional fluency in Spanish extremely advantageous.
* Experience or a keen interest in the media industry
* Experience in coaching and mentoring
* Experience in complex, consultative or solution sales
* Ability to sell across a varied but intrinsically linked product range
* Demonstrable experience of selling to all levels of personnel both on the phone and face to face
* Good team player. Self motivated, disciplined and able to remain corporately focused
* Have the energy and drive to work under pressure to hit tight targets
* Excellent organisation and time-management skills with a high attention to detail
* Ability to travel regularly
Salary c. 35-40k DOE + uncapped OTE
Start date: ASAP
Thank you for applying to Euro London Appointments, the UK's largest independent language consultancy. We aim to respond as promptly as possible to your application, however, due to the high level of CVs we receive we are only able to respond to applicants whose profile matches our Clients requirements. To enquire about other vacancies please visit our website at www.eurolondon.com