This job is no longer available
Our client is a leading global provider of TFM solutions, they currently have a requirement for a Chartered Technical Manager to join the team on one of their Investment Banking contracts in Canary Wharf.
As part of the operational management team on the contract to manage systems and resources as necessary to achieve the safe, efficient, operation and maintenance of all plant and equipment within the UK and ROI Portfolio, with specific responsibilities as Contract Authorising Engineer (CAE) for the whole Contract.
The CAE is appointed in writing jointly by the Operations Director and The Company Authorised Engineer to implement, administer and monitor the safety arrangements for the high voltage electrical systems on the UK and ROI Portfolio, including CGC1, CGC2, RDC, London Portfolio and other UK Sites. The CAE shall ensure compliance with statutory legislation and assess the suitability and appointment of candidates in writing to be Authorised Persons.
The CAE shall (specific CAE accountabilities)
* Act as CAE for electrical authorisation on HV & LV systems on the Contract.
* Appoint in writing sufficient Authorised Persons to provide the necessary cover for all the high voltage electrical systems and equipment under the control of our client.
* Define the extent of the systems for which each Authorised Person is responsible.
* Suspend or cancel the appointment of an Authorised Person, if deemed necessary.
* Ensure that Authorised Persons have the necessary qualifications, training, experience and knowledge of the systems and equipment to carry out the role.
* Maintain a register of all Authorised Persons.
* Prepare and manage planned and reactive electrical shutdowns in line with requirements and maintain all switching procedures & switching log books.
* Maintain first hand operational experience of managing and carrying out electrical shutdowns.
*The Authorising Engineer shall be a suitably qualified Electrical Engineer and have undertaken High Voltage training on no more than a three year interval for high voltage electrical systems.
*He/she will have the appropriate experience and have experience of possessing the necessary degree of independence from the contract management function.
*Technically qualified (minimum HNC standard and/or membership of relevant engineering institution).
*Strong background in Technical Facilities Management with an electrical bias.
*Sound understanding of H&S, Environment, QA procedures, and experience of leading and developing operational teams.
*Fully conversant with Electrical installation and current IEE regulations.
*Broad knowledge of computerized FM and maintenance management systems on which to base utilization of REM System.
*Operational knowledge of critical works and change management systems.
For further informaiton and a full job desciption please send your cv to Paul Stephens at FRL