This job is no longer available
The Green Recruitment Company
20 July 2012
17 August 2012
£100000 Per Annum
Head of Low Carbon Product Design
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £100k plus excellent package
Location: South East
Consultant: Matt Churchward
The Green Recruitment Company is representing one of the biggest energy firms in the country in their search for an outstanding candidate to lead and build their Low Carbon Product Design Team. This is a once in a life time opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading organisations and provide a huge impact on their UK strategy and growth.
As long as your ideas are commercial there are few limitations to this role. The overall purpose of this role is to build and lead a team to design low carbon product offerings to B2C customers that will successfully deliver carbon obligations and improve overall B2C profitability. The B2C low carbon portfolio includes carbon obligations [currently: CERT, CESP] and new programmes [such as ECO/ Green Deal] as well all other commercial offers [Home management, HP, PV and insulation] and long term development such as Electric vehicles and Low carbon heating systems].
• To develop and implement the strategy to deliver ECO at a minimum cost for B2C and with the maximum positive impact on customers.
• To lead, organise and manage Low Carbon Product Design ensuring that it operates effectively, within agreed budgets and adheres to corporate standards.
• To manage the development of all new Low Carbon products and services [Carbon obligations as well as commercial offers] including the negotiation of partnership and supplier involvement.
• To ensure that all products developed are aligned with the B2C strategy.
• Collaborate with your team in order to ensure that company targets are consistently met.
• To work closely with B2C marketing to ensure the product development activity follows the B2C innovation process and meet customer demands.
• To work closely with B2C customer Services to ensure that developed product will benefit from the optimal service.
• To work closely with B2C commercial to assess and optimise the impact on the B2C gross Margin.
• To ensure compliance of Low Carbon Product Design with relevant internal standards and external regulations and ensure that all low carbon products are designed to meet these standards and regulations.
• Liaise with external organisations and regulators.
• To ensure that products are designed so that they can meet the ECO, affordable Warm targets and any further targets or initiatives that are introduced.
• To source safe, reputable, efficient innovative manufacturers, partners and installers [including in accordance with relevant procurement standards and processes] and handover the management of these to Low Carbon Product Delivery.
• To maintain and ensure relevant health and safety regulation is adhered to by your team.
• Experience of leading a product design project
• A successful track record of Product Development.
• Strong business planning experience.
• Experience liaising with industry bodies and regulators.
• Strong commercial acumen with good analytical ability – good matrix management
• Sound technical knowledge around low carbon areas including but not limited to heating systems, insulation, energy management, construction techniques and standards and ideally the building industry.
• Good working knowledge of the energy sector and the related regulatory frameworks and requirements.
• Marketing skills would be advantageous.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High level of personal drive and ability to manage across a range of functions and locations.
• Ability to think strategically and identify and generate future business opportunities.
• Good team motivator and developer with strong organisational development skills.
• You will be a thought leader in the Low Carbon field
• Strong skills at managing creative processes
• People leadership role – dynamic and able to lead from the front
• Strong team builder – you identify and nurture talent
• Strong networking and political skills – track record of managing high level internal and external business partnerships
• Risk preventative – strong attention to detail on Health & Safety and compliance
• Positive and good with people
• Energetic, passionate about the sector
• Educated to degree standard
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 203 002 877 or +44 (0) 7856 419 990