This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nick Gillison
Our client is a market leader in the development and construction of offshore wind farms. Their goal is to provide clean and reliable energy and they pursue this goal with constant new investments and innovations. The client is now hiring a Renewable Energy Consultant to aid with a new offshore wind project.
Due to increasing workload our client is looking to expand the development capabilities of the off-shore department. You will be a member of the Offshore Development Department and will work with the development team coordinating environmental impact assessments, and managing the compliance of environmental consent conditions throughout the development/post con-sent/construction and post-construction phases of an offshore wind energy project. You will work with other parts of the project team to ensure clarity and efficiency in the following areas of responsibility:
• Working directly with the Project Manager`s and the Project Development Manager to un-dertake the management of activities and staff associated with EIA and project consents
• Develop and communicate survey strategies to satisfy consent requirements & stakeholder expectations
• Overview and approval of all consenting and environmental budget activity
• Overview of consenting and environmental programme and approval of programme changes, review & approval of consenting and environmental risk register
• Scope, tender, commission specialist consultants and contractors to undertake EIA activities.
• Ensuring consenting and environmental information is disseminated and discussed with project team and HSE Manager, including the provision of reports required by the project management team
• A good understanding of the regulatory framework for offshore renewables deployment including the marine licensing system under the Marine and Coastal Access Act (2009) and the Planning Act (2008)
• Previous experience in project development and planning consent application submis-sion/management within the renewable energy sector
• Ability to evaluate and communicate risks and propose and implement management and mitigation measures
• Project management skills including a proven ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders, using internal staff, subcontractors and consultants
• Excellent IT and communication skills including report writing, presentation and the ability to speak confidently with clients, consultants, contractors and stakeholders.
• The ability to manage workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of projects simultaneously.
• Experience of working within a multidisciplinary team
• Ideally to have established, positive relationships with key statutory consultees
• A post-graduate qualification in Environmental Sciences
• Previous experience of the wind industry, particularly in relation to management of EIA processes including commissioning and managing onshore and offshore environmental survey works, and offshore environmental consent management is essential.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: