This job is no longer available
A rare opportunity to join a growing high-tech mechatronics design company developing hybrid powertrain technology for the automotive sector. Our client is seeking an exceptional Power Electronics Design Engineer to head up the Control and Power Electronics design and development team. Suitable candidates will have experience of High Power Electrical System Design, Analogue Circuit Design, Digital Controllers and an understanding of the Automotive Electronics Industry.
The primary focus of the role is to support the development of prototype and pre-production controllers for vehicle hybrid systems. You will be familiar with power electronics handling 10 to 100kW. You will work with electrical and mechanical engineers, and expert consultants. You will have responsibility for a talented and creative design team. Your role will be to lead that team through technical design refinement, to reduce prototype development cycle time, and coordinate the activities of the electrical design team.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and optimising PWM-driven DC/DC converters for size and weight
- Permanent Magnet Machine Driver Development
- Specifying high power switching components
- Circuit design and simulation
- Testing and characterising circuits and certifying work
- Evaluating and documenting designs
- Leadership and training of junior staff members
- Coordinating consultants and sub-contractors
Experience with MatLab, Automotive Hybrid Electronics and Control Theory are particularly desirable. You should be familiar with EMI Shielding and Signal Distortion and it will be advantageous if you have experience with Thermal Design and Package Optimisation. The Package The salary range is in excess of £40k depending on experience. A performance related company share options scheme is in operation.