This job is no longer available
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain invaluable, hands-on experience in many British Industries based in the UK. Taking advantage of the fantastic training programmes offered by this leading firm in Electrical Compliance Engineering, this could be an ideal start for a future in Design Engineering, Management or Compliance. In operation for almost 30 years, our client is an industry expert in the fields of hazardous area compliance/ inspection, electrical compliance, DSEAR Risk Assessment, and project management of electrical, instrument and control design applications and solutions. They have a wealth of experience in many areas including - Chemical Plants, Pharmaceutical Sites, Cement Works, Food Manufacturers, Fuel Depots, Stores, Power Stations, Airports, Petrol Stations, Office Buildings, Laboratories etc.
Due to continued growth within their business, there is currently a requirement for an Engineer/ CAD Design Assistant to join their team in Macclesfield. Reporting to the Project Manager/ Inspector, you will visit industrial sites across the country and assist in the completion of clients` inspection requirements. Part of your duties will involve reporting on your findings and making recommendations, and for this you will need to have a good command of the written word. You will also be tasked to provide office data entry support for inspectors and CAD Support to Engineers, helping them to complete electrical, instrumentation and control design requirements.
- Assistance with Detailed, Close and Visual Hazardous Area Electrical Inspections to DSEAR
- Assistance with Electrical Site Surveys to BS7671
- Data Entry for compliance projects
- Documentation for compliance projects - 2D Computer Aided Design Drawing Modifications
- 2D Computer Aided Design Drawing Creation for design projects
- Assist Electrical Consultancy through meetings and telephone calls
- Carry out work at clients sites across the UK and occasional work abroad
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company departments necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
The Successful Candidate
Ideal for those embarking on a career in Engineering, you will be enthusiastic, hard working and willing to learn quickly in a customer focussed business, priding itself on solving problems and delivering results. You will need to be computer literate in Autocad2000 or later and be competent with using Microsoft programmes such as Word, Excel and Outlook Etc.
An understanding of the following is also advantageous:
- Electrical Wiring Regulations
- Flammable Hazard Regulations
- Safety Instrumented Systems