This job is no longer available
Our client is a global multi-industry manufacturing leader committed to operational excellence and execution. With operations in over 35 countries with over 17,000 employees, they specialize in a diverse range of products serving various industries including power and energy, process equipment, vehicle diagnostic tools, pharmaceutical, food and beverage and oil and gas. For their location in Whitley Coventry (Midlands), UK they are currently looking for a Validation / Verification Engineer - Diagnostics Process Improvement
You will validate functional solutions for already identified opportunities within the diagnostics service tool with a particular focus on performance to specification.
You will also verify and analyse these solutions for efficiency, effectiveness and ease of use.
Communicate and influence adjustments or modifications of proposed solutions to stakeholders. Assist and liaise in the implementation of the solutions.
You will be involved in several improvement projects simultaneously and be able to manage your time accordingly.
The work is performed in close co-operation with the customer in the car manufacturer´s environment.
- Review and analyse data, service tool functions and operations as required and ensure technical accuracy of documentation
- Formulate and complete all necessary test documentation
- Compile needed specifications (specifications, work process flow, etc.)
- Analyze current data and processes
- Mapping processes
- Liaise with departments whilst implementing changes
- Influencing people and making solutions heard and having solutions adopted
- Process change
- Additional responsibilities can be given on a case by case basis
- Influence methods for vehicle diagnostics improvement implementation, corresponding to manufacturers demands on safety, quality and serviceability
- Experience of diagnostics (EOBD, ISO14229 etc.) essential
- Experience as an end user of automotive electronic diagnostic tools highly desirable
- Experience with CAN /Vehicle network logging & monitoring tools (e.g. CANalyser, Vehicle Spy, etc.) desirable
- Exposure to Diagnostics validation / verification in automotive OEM desirable
- Exposure to SPICE processes and practices
- University degree in Electrical/electronic or computer sciences/engineering
- PC competence (Microsoft Office package)
- Database knowledge, Data analysis / handling
- Knowledge of the Automotive Business desirable
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Business- and customer oriented
- Self driven and with the ability to co-operate
- Interpersonal and analytical skills