This job is no longer available
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN / IT SUPPORT - (TECH TRACK 100) - LONDON
We are seeking a Desktop Support Technician / Service Desk Technician to join a leading Camden based internet group that possess a portfolio of innovative, high profile brands under their name. This is a unique opportunity to work for a major internet business that offers great benefits and an amazing creative environment. Read on...
Established in 2004, this privately funded organisation owns a portfolio of award-winning internet businesses focussed on consumer engagement and innovation. As a member of the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and Deloitte Technology Fast 50, this dynamic company has stunning offices, employs over 300 people and has revenues exceeding £100 million.
Joining within a Desktop Support / Service Desk role you will utilise your aptitude for computers, problem solving skills and personable approach to support internal users who are having technical issues with their Windows and Mac desktops and laptops. In more detail, you will...
- Set up workstations for users, install OSs and software on Windows machines and Macs etc.
- Troubleshoot software/hardware, including: Blackberry’s, iPhones, iPads, Laptops, Printers, etc.
- Set up new users in Active Directory and in Google Apps.
- Manage user group memberships in Active Directory and their Google Apps accounts.
- Assign telephones numbers to users in the Trixbox Telephone system.
- Basic TCP/IP Network troubleshooting.
- Receive, log and manage calls from internal staff via service desk tickets, email, telephone and in person.
- Update users on their tickets and requests regularly.
- Take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
- Escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Provide assistance to the Senior Systems Administrators when required.
In summary, it will be your input that ensures internal users receive an efficient and reliable service and swift resolution to their support queries.
To qualify... You should be a customer service focussed Desktop Support / IT Service Desk Technician who can demonstrate:
- Windows and Mac trouble shooting skills.
- Good understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Experience supporting Microsoft based operating systems (XP and Windows 7).
- Experience troubleshooting Outlook 2007/2010 within a network environment (setting up user accounts, permissions, calendar sharing, delegation).
- Experience troubleshooting Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint).
- Experience troubleshooting Mac related Software (Mac Office 2011/ Mac Mail / iCal/VMware Fusion).
- Experience with Active Directory (Setting up Users, Security Groups, Distribution Groups, OU’s and Group Policies).
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal with keen attention to detail.
- The ability to be self-motivated, prioritise tasks in accordance with deadlines and requirements.
- A passion for IT, computers and excellent customer service.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic looking to work in a beautiful office furnished with best-in-class facilities including; free breakfast, lunch and refreshments, free massages, pool table, foosball table, top spec laptops, Aeron chairs, Wii and social evenings. Get in touch...
Keywords: IT Service Desk Technician, IT Support Jobs, IT Support Technician, Desktop Support Analyst, IT Support Analyst, 2nd Line Support Analyst, Second Line Support, IT Support, Desktop Support Technician, IT Support Jobs in Camden, Desktop Support Jobs, Mac Support, IT Support Analyst Jobs in NW1, Desktop Support Jobs in NW1, Camden, London, NW1.
Guru are an employment business renowned for delivering careers networking to the IT sector. In this instance Guru are managing the selection process for this particular Desktop Support Technician / Service Desk Technician campaign on the behalf of our client. We offer a transparent service to both clients and candidates which means that if you pass our initial filtering criteria (based on your CV suitability against our client’s requirements) we will email you with the client’s details and also pass your complete application to the client for consideration. By applying to this role you are granting consent for us to work in this way. One final note, your application will only be used in conjunction with this specific role.