This job is no longer available
WEB DEVELOPER / PHP DEVELOPER – (TECH TRACK 100) - LONDON
A Web Developer / PHP Developer is needed to join a household name price comparison website that receives over 3m unique visits per month. Known for their innovative web apps and amazing commercial performance this is a rare opportunity for a PHP Developer to join a major household name internet business. Read on...
Established in 2004 this privately funded organisation owns a portfolio of award winning internet businesses focussed on consumer engagement and innovation. As a member of the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 and Deloitte Technology Fast 50 this dynamic organisation has stunning offices, employs over 300 people and has revenues exceeding £100million.
Joining their 8 strong production team (2x designers, 3x front end developers, 2x back end developers, 1x Product/Project Manager) you will work in an agile-style environment, with week-long sprints and weekly meetings. This role involves:
- Maintaining existing PHP code and database structure.
- Developing new functionality within existing PHP application.
- Providing data for marketing team/data mining.
- Maintaining existing Ruby on Rails project.
- Coding 80% PHP and 20% Ruby.
To qualify... We are seeking true PHP specialists who are comfortable working on complex projects for high traffic apps and sites. In other words, you should possess:
- A technical background. It doesn’t matter if you’ve got a CS degree or are self taught, but we are looking for someone with a logical and programmatic approach to solving problems.
- A passion for development with the ability to pick up new t echnologies and languages by googling it and having a play, not by sitting in a classroom.
- A good understanding of object orientated programming principles/design patterns and the ability to pragmatically apply this knowledge in a practical context
- Proficiency with OO PHP and experience of developing with Ruby or another object-oriented languages, such as Java / Python.
- Comfortable writing SQL.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic looking to work in a beautiful office furnished with best-in-class facilities including; free breakfast, lunch and refreshments, free massages, pool table, foosball table, top spec laptops, Aeron chairs, Wii and social evenings. Get in touch...
Keywords: PHP Developer, Web Developer, PHP Web Development, Software Development, Developer, PHP, OO, Web Application Developer, PHP Application Developer, PHP Development Jobs in London, Software Developer, Software Engineer, PHP Developer Jobs in London, Central London, Jobs, London, PHP Jobs in London, PHP Jobs in Camden, Central London, Camden, North London, NW1.
Guru are an employment business renowned for delivering careers networking to the Digital / IT sector. In this instance Guru are managing the selection process for this particular Web Developer / PHP Developer campaign on the behalf of our client. We offer a transparent service to both clients and candidates which means that if you pass our initial filtering criteria (based on your CV suitability against our client’s requirements) we will email you with the client’s details and also pass your complete application to the client for consideration. By applying to this role you are granting consent for us to work in this way. One final note, your application will only be used in conjunction with this specific role.