This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company represents a multinational technical advisory organisation that specialises in all aspects of renewable energy, power generation and transmission. Due to its increased growth it requires a Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to undertake an array of activities in a variety of
different, but always interesting challenges including, project managing the delivery of ESHIA assessments, feasibility studies for mining clients, risk management and the evaluation of economic impact.
• Technology and supplier assessments for wind turbine models
• Developing contract and technical requirement specifications for wind turbine supply contracts and wind farm EPC.
• Evaluation of tenders and negotiation for such contracts.
• Supporting construction and safety management, with occasional site engineer assignments.
• Supporting special projects; undertaking design, procurement, installation and commissioning.
• Preparation of proposals and technical reports for issue to clients.
• Management and delivery of above tasks, work packages and projects to time, quality, and budget.
• Client-facing business development and project management.
• Supporting development and implementation of management processes.
Skills and Experience:
• A relevant engineering degree, accredited for membership of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, having achieved or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
• Evidence of completion of engineering tasks, project management and delivery.
• Excellent evaluation skills and objectivity.
• Commercial understanding and experience.
• Comprehension of safety regulations, best practice, and engineering standards.
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• Experience of the development and construction of large-scale wind energy projects.
• Transferable experience from power, offshore, or other relevant industries.
• Relevant design, manufacturing, construction or operational experience.
• Training in project and safety management.
• Knowledge of forms of contract and/or experience in contract negotiations.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
44 (0) 203 002 877