This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company is representing an international renewables engineering consultancy who are looking an electrical engineer to join their expanding Electrical/Control & Instrumentation team based in Glasgow to support project developments by providing appropriate engineering input at various points from design and implementation to commissioning.
• Provision of grid connection advice in the form of feasibility studies, applications, process, costs and technical compliance.
• Preparation and review of contract technical documents; specifications, reports and drawings against customer requirements.
• Carry out power systems.
• Design of HV and LV power systems.
• Provide advice on testing and commissioning of plant and equipment in the form of writing and reviewing procedures.
• Attending off site meetings and surveys.
• Degree qualification in Electrical Engineering or similar.
• Technically competent.
• Competent PC user.
• The successful candidate will be required to produce reports for clients so attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills are paramount.
• You should have excellent communication skills, coupled with a flexible and proactive approach to work to thrive in this busy team.
• Grid code technical requirements and associated industry technical specifications including codes, agreements, charging methodologies and costs.
• Preparing and reviewing technical schedules for FIDIC EPC/BOP contracts and Turbine Supply Agreements.
• Switchgear, cables, lines, transformers and reactive compensation equipment at voltage levels up to 400kV.
• SCADA and protection equipment requirements associated with transmission, distribution and renewable projects.
• Industry standard power systems analysis packages such as IPSA, Digsilent or PSSE.
• Industry design and construction standards, practices and specifications including system earthing requirements.
• Plant and equipment FATs and SATs.
• Knowledge of submarine cable and HVDC systems.
• Knowledge of contestable connections.
• Project management and CDM Coordination.
• Power system analysis and fault level studies.
• System earthing.
• Power systems transmission infrastructure projects.
Please note, because of the high turnover of applicants for this position, it may not be possible to contact every candidate. Please send CV’s in Word Documents only.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0203 0022 877 / 0207 902 1191