This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company is representing an international renewables engineering consultancy who are looking for a qualified and experienced mechanical engineer with excellent organisational skills to join their Glasgow team.
• Technology and supplier assessments for wind turbine models and other specific renewable energy devices.
• Developing contract and technical requirement specifications for wind turbine supply contracts and wind farm EPC.
• Evaluation of tenders and negotiation of contracts.
• Advising on risk and interface management and development of assessment tools.
• Supporting construction and safety management, with occasional site engineer assignments.
• Supporting special projects; undertaking design, procurement, installation and commissioning.
• O&M and asset management development.
• Preparation of proposals and technical reports for issue to clients.
• Management and delivery of above tasks, work packages and projects to time, quality, and budget.
• Client-facing business development and project management.
• Assisting with coordination of team effort and development of team technical capability.
• Supporting development and implementation of management processes.
• A relevant engineering degree, accredited for membership of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, having achieved or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
• Evidence of completion of engineering tasks, project management and delivery.
• Excellent evaluation skills and objectivity.
• Commercial understanding and experience.
• Understanding of safety regulations, best practice, and engineering standards.
• Excellent report writing and communication skills
• A flexible and proactive approach to work.
• Attention to detail, reliability and good organisational skills.
• Experience of the development and construction of large-scale wind energy projects.
• Transferable experience from power, offshore, or other relevant industries.
• Relevant design, manufacturing, construction or operational experience.
• Relevant training in project and safety management.
• Knowledge of contracts or experience in contract negotiations.
• An interest in renewable energy.
• Willingness to travel.
Please note, because of the high turnover of applicants for this position, it may not be possible to contact every candidate. Please send CV’s in Word Documents only.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0203 0022 877 / 0207 902 1191