This job is no longer available
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West/London
Consultant: Nick Gillison
Our client is looking for a Software Engineer to help develop innovative software solutions within an independent company, focused on design, construction, strength assessment, risk and reliability.
The candidate will play an important role in developing the next generation of market leading Consequence and Risk Analysis Software.They will also have a proven track record in designing and developing high quality and robust commercial software.
The role will involve design and developing high quality and robust commerical software in a software development environment. The ideal candidate will also have strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to do some travelling.
Experience and Skills:
The successful candidate will typically have degree and possibly post-graduate qualifications in the following areas:
• Computer Science / Software Engineering.
• Engineering or Science–based subjects (e.g. Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, Physics)
• Strong coding skills in C# and WPF (.NET 3.5 or later), and/or C++ (at least 5 years experience)
• A proven track record in designing and delivering complex enterprise software solutions using Microsoft technologies
• Strong creative skills combined with an ability to work proactively in small, tightly knit groups of developers in response to customer needs
• Involvement across the full project lifecycle preferably using the Agile/SCRUM methodology.
• Experience of Test Driven Development
• Ability to understand and convert technical requirements into high quality and innovative software solutions.
• SQL Server both administration and developing using T-SQL.
• Unit Testing Frameworks
• Programming MS Office applications (Excel)
• WPF Frameworks
• Development of QRA or Engineering Software
• Familiarity with FORTRAN and mathematics
• Visual Basic (v6, VB.NET and VBA)
The Green Recruitment Company is an employment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an employment agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 203 002 2877 / +44 (0) 207 902 1191