This job is no longer available
32 hours per week Term Time + 1 week
Grade: H4 (£16,614 - £18,217 pro rata)
Start date: September 2012
Tring School in Hertfordshire are looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor to cover lessons for absent teaching staff. Applicants should be confident, supportive and possess good interpersonal and communication skills. They should have an empathy with young people.
"Tring is a good and improving school with an outstanding sixth form." With good/outstanding personal development and well-being of students, students whom obviously enjoy coming to school due to the fact that their attendance is above the national average and positive attitudes to learning and behaviour, this is a supportive and dynamic Specialist Humanities College.
The successful candidate will be expected to supervise classes, give instructions on the work set, monitor behaviour and ensure a purposeful learning environment. Other duties will include administrative support within the school, student support and accompanying school trips. A comprehensive training programme will be given, with opportunities for further training and personal development.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's A-C or equivalent
- Good ICT knowledge is desirable
- Experience working in a school or with young people, preferably in a Cover Supervisor role
- Experience of working under pressure
- Ability to work efficiently and be able to use their initiative.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with students at all levels of ability
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
All staff members receive high quality CPD opportunities.
For more information and to apply please visit our website http://www.tringschoolherts.co.uk/ or contact Tarja Aila at our partner Capita Education Resourcing on 0800 022 3829 or email
Closing date: Midday 30/08/2012
Interviews: Early September 2012