This job is no longer available
A Secondary School in South London is seeking to appoint an inspiring Learning Support Assistant for a permanent job to start in September. The school has excellent facilities and transport links.
You will work under the instructions of the SENCO and Class Teachers to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. You will also deliver support programmes in 1:1 or small group situations as well as strategies for pupils with special educational needs (SEN). You will undertake pupil record keeping as requested and report to the class teacher on pupil progress as agreed.
The role requires an individual who has:
- GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English
- Recent experience of working with children of secondary school age, preferably in a Learning Support Assistant role
- Excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Ability to inspire students
- Knowledge of Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Further details are available from Tarja Aila at our partner Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email .
Closing date: Midday 23rd August 2012
Interviews: Wednesday 5th September