This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Home-based, with occasional travel to London
Consultant: Toby Day
The Green Recruitment Company is representing a prominent national renewable energy company that specialises in designing, manufacturing and installing Solar PV projects. They are looking for a qualified and capable candidate to become Head of Engineering for all Solar PV design projects.
The Role/ responsibilities:
The Head of Engineering will take part in ground mounted and roof
mounted installations. You will be primarily responsible for the design of large scale solar systems from scratch, and managing and training your team of juniors in the process.
• Carry out PV site evaluation, energy prediction, site survey, design,
layout and equipment selection for utility scale solar PV power plants
(ground mount and roof top)
• Assess and update technology, suppliers etc
• Undertake due diligence of PV plants
• Liaise extensively with other departments as well as clients and regulating authorities.
• Carry out due diligence of PV plants
• Extensive experience in UK ground mounted and roof
• Need to be able to design solar systems from scratch, with a wealth of past experience in this
• Detailed understand the procurement / contractual procedures associated with subcontracting
• Excellent communications skills both written and oral
• Experience managing teams and projects
• Ability to travel when requires, especially to London
• Relevant engineering degree
• Track record in 1MW+ plant design
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Please send all CVs in word document format only.
To apply for this role please contact us at: