This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £55,000 – £75,000
Location: South West
Consultant: Toby Day
Our client is a large international financial services company working predominantly with the green market. They finance enterprises that augment the use of renewable resources and support projects that reduce the demand for energy.
This role will provide leadership for the Environment Team. The Team is a leading provider of project finance to sub 20MW renewable energy projects in both the UK and Ireland. My Client is also an active player in other sectors and has ambitions to expand their non-energy related lending in sectors such as composting and energy efficiency. Your leadership will provide growth of their lending and services in all Environment sectors, diversifying their loan portfolio, exploring opportunities to grow the business through initiatives such as securitisation and syndication whilst also extending the companies mission impact.
• Leading strategy development for their lending and business services within Environment sectors.
• Inspiring and managing the performance and development of the team.
• Developing a strategy for key sectors within the team’s area of responsibility. Incorporating clear planning and use of supporting resources, managing competitors, and identifying future challenges and opportunities
• Leading relationships and negotiations in establishing partnerships for activities such as syndication and securitisation.
• Actively developing new business in the teams area of responsibility and expanding the companies lending and services, utilising all resources available within agreed budgets
• Delivering new lending, interest income and fees as agreed within the budget
• Representing my client as an authoritative and informed expert, in the media and at events, with sector associations and policy makers
• Working co-operatively with other departments to maximise business opportunities for my client as a whole
• Defining the supporting resources needed from Marketing/Communications and managers who are remote from the south west, ensuring they are effectively delivered
• Direct management of relationships, particularly their most complex, high exposure or high profile borrowers
• Maximising retention of customers and the products and services that my client can deliver to them
• Ensuring team annual reviews are completed within specified timescales and bad debt provisions are kept within the budgeted level
• Acting as a Special Administration Manager on distressed loans from your team in support of the Credit Function
• Providing oversight of the quality of large credit proposals from your team, in support of the Credit Function
• Liaising with loan administration and operation support to ensure smooth processing of loan formalities and pay-outs
• Involving my clients credit committee decision-making on a rota basis
• Any other duties that may be required from time to time
• At least five years of experience in commercial lending or project finance.
• Ability to inspire and develop people as well as a successful track record in developing strategy in the context of multiple business constraints.
• You will have advanced lending analysis and experience of project finance, including financial assessment skills including dealing with complex business structures, projections and cash-flows and preparation of complex credit proposals.
• Experience of managing complex due diligence and legal documentation.
• Ability to manage my clients most complex and high exposure borrowers.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to deal with customers from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop and manage a client portfolio.
• Ability to understand product and service profiles and to present these to customers, with a detailed understanding of the marketplace and competition.
• A proven track record of delivery of presentations and media interviews. Experience of successful leadership of teams, including remote workers.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0)203 0022877