This job is no longer available
Our client are a family run business and they are recognised as Europe`s leading manufacturer and designer of force and torque testing equipment. The company operates on a truly global basis, they have offices in several countries across the world and their products are utilised in numerous industries including Aerospace, Construction, Medical, Automotive, F&B and many others. Committed to developing both their employees and their business, they look for talented and hard working individuals to join their team and grow with the company as it expands.
Due to continued investment, they are now looking for a Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer to provide engineering support to Manufacturing solving problems on a daily basis, and also to lead the coordination of new products into manufacture.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Coordinating the introduction of new products into Manufacturing
- Providing engineering support to Manufacturing
- Providing CAD resource for the department for engineering changes
- Contributing design and concept ideas to new projects and see the projects through to completion ensuring Quality standards and engineering procedures are followed
- Creating and altering both 2D and 3D drawings
- Creating and maintaining bills of materials on an MRP system
The ideal candidate will have a good engineering background with experience of Quality systems and good mechanical design skills. Good CAD skills are a pre-requisite together with an understanding of geometric tolerances and reverse engineering from a physical example to robust design. You must be a clear logical thinker, well organised with good leadership skills.
Successful candidates must have:
- A methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail
- At least 2 years manufacturing experience
- Awareness of assembly techniques and fabrication, CNC, conventional machining, tooling and fixturing Keywords: Design, manufacturing, production, fabrication, modelling, application, technology, tooling, mechanical, engineer, quality, develop.