This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £21K - £25K
Location: West Yorkshire
Consultant: Rachael Farmer
Green Recruitment Company are representing a building construction company who, by building upon their current position in the market, are looking to incorporate renewable technologies such as solar thermal systems, heat pumps and wind turbines into their business.
- To undertake Energy Assessment for compliance with Part L2 Building Regulations compliance
- To undertake renewable energy feasibility assessment (including planning statements)
- To undertake energy/sustainability consultancy for existing buildings, use of IES modelling software.
- Responsible for undertaking assessment and providing consultative advice to Clients, design team members, contractors and sub-contractors in relation to Part L2 Building Regulations Compliance, planning assistance and feasibility assessments, overheating/internal comfort assessment and other related thermal modelling works
- Provision of written reports detailing works undertaken and outlining any required advice to meet objectives and targets
- Working within a team environment to delivery project works within strict deadlines to a high level of technical competency
- Liaison with other business areas for delivery of specialist advice to support wider business ventures and opportunities
- Qualification in provision of Energy Performance Certificates for Non-Domestic Buildings to Level 4 standard (Level 5 desirable).
- Experience and expertise in the use of IES software for building energy assessment and compliance, including ‘Apache’ thermal modelling
- Relevant academic qualifications in energy, sustainability or engineering field
- Excellent diagnostic and report writing skills
- Excellent IT skills, including working knowledge of spread sheets, databases and Microsoft Office & AutoCAD (Sketch-up also desirable)
- Expert working knowledge and experience of relevant legislation including ADL2A (2006 & 2010) and other standard industry guidance documents
- Ability to undertake additional relevant learning alongside current duties to ensure broad knowledge of new technologies, legislation and opportunities
- Experience of design team meetings and ability to present verbally to clients, team members, and internal staff
- Membership of relevant professional Institute, such as CIBSE or Energy Institute
- Experience or competency in the use of Revit software platforms
- Qualification in Air Conditioning Inspections to Level 4 or working knowledge of TM44:2012 methodology and EPBD regulations
- Experience in delivery of mechanical or electrical building services consultancy/design
- Experience in the production of TM44 Air Conditioning Inspections for all types of central and packaged systems.
- Experience in the delivery of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for non-domestic buildings across a range of sectors and building types.
- Driving license
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact: