This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Consultant: Nick Gillison
The Green Recruitment Company is representing a client that is a leader in the developer of innovative wave energy technology solutions.
To provide technical expertise to support the future performance development of wave power systems. The role will involve development of practical and theoretical understanding of the system and associated numerical simulation and performance prediction tools. This position will require an extensive knowledge of wave power theory, numerical modeling and validation through test.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• To rapidly gain extensive knowledge of the state-of-the-art from a performance perspective.
• Development and operation of numerical simulation and prediction tools.
• Development of general theory and understanding in relation to the operation of the wave power systems.
• Ensuring quality control including; documenting the underlying theoretical assumptions, analysis output, model verification studies and controlling model revisions.
• Responsibility for understanding the theoretical methods and assumptions used in numerical simulations to predict performance of wave power systems.
• Developing and incorporating new or additional methods to be included in the model as the need arises.
Skills, knowledge & experience:
• First class or upper second Honours degree in engineering, naval architecture physics or mathematics
• 5 years professional or post graduate experience.
• Expert in wave power theory and wave resource.
• Experienced hydrodynamicist and thermodynamics
• Expert level use and development of software tools including spreadsheets and MathCad.
• Prior experience with Matlab / Simulink or other real-time simulation software.
• Experience and training in general wave power theory with excellent engineering fundamentals
• Experience with development of simulation code.
• Experience with physical laboratory testing, including instrumentation and data acquisition.
• Experience in new product research and development.
• Experience with FEA / CFD packages an advantage.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
0203 0022 877 / 0207 902 1191