This job is no longer available
Database Developer - Contract - ASAP
Database Developer (MySQL, PostgreSQL) who has knowledge of Hadoop or similar distributed computing systems required for a leading client based within the Educational Sector.
The database developer will be responsible for creating a very large data repository, using their own cluster, by importing and pre-processing (biological) data sets from several public sources on the Web.
Key Skills -
- Since the repository will be quite large, and each data set is also expected to be large, they require someone who has experience in handling large databases.
- Experience with databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge of Apache Hadoop would be beneficial, but not essential
- Some experience with handling biological datasets (i.e. gene expression data) would be preferable, but is not required
- Good communication skills
Please send across your CV to apply. Interviews will be taking place this week, with a start date of Monday 15th October.
Rate - £200p/d
Location -Central London
Length - 2-3 Months
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com