This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 plus package & OTE
Location: Reading Area (homebased)
My client is a home energy software company with their existing customer base includes energy efficiency service providers, utilities, retailers, large service and contracting companies, solar funds and social landlords.
The company has been widely recognised by industry observers, the media and analysts. Highlights include selection for both the Red Herring Global 100 and the Global Cleantech 100 lists.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for winning, developing, growing and managing a B2B client base in your area, primarily focused on the energy efficiency service provider and social housing channels.
• Building a successful region based upon a solid, growing customer base ordering my clients systems every month – customer spend expected in the £50k to £1m per annum each
• New business development based upon telesales and self-generated leads from local networking, contacts, exhibitions etc
• Prospect development and management from initial lead, through sales process, customer sales & marketing planning, customer sales team & installer training to securing first order
• Account management to ensure a successful customer product launch, sales, install, ongoing support experience
• Account development to build revenues with each customer including additional services, new product sales etc
• Ultimately delivering a successful region with rapidly growing sales every quarter
Skills & Experience:
• A strong sales track record in a high growth business with demonstrable success of delivering sales growth targets
• Excellent account management skills to ensure customers are well served and positive
• Strong business development skills to maximise the opportunity with every customer
• Good business acumen and ability to understand clients’ business models
• Understanding of service-based business models and delivery of new services through a SaaS architecture
• A motivated, tenacious, results-driven self-starter with a “start-up style” work ethos
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Knowledge and an active interest in the connected home market, especially in energy management, renewable energy, home automation
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 203 002 2877