This job is no longer available
Hampshire based market leading client is seeking 2 x Data Analyst/Modellers to join their Enterprise Data Platform team.
This is an initial 3 month contract with the opportunity to extend paying £300-£350/day ( may be flexible for the right person).
You will be working on all aspects of data analysis; from sourcing it in the operational systems, through to transforming it via business and data quality rules in defining how it is presented in the Enterprise Data Platform and BI solutions. You will be doing this whilst working closely with end users, ETL developers, Data Architects and functional teams.
Key Skills Include:
- Strong data modelling skills; applying techniques to produce models conforming to 3rd Normal
- Database Design
- Documentation of data definitions, data transformation and business rules.
- Experience as an Data Analyst working within a large diverse organisation
- Full exposure to all stages of the IT project lifecycle for a BI/data warehousing solution
- Experience in analysing end to end information sources to fully understand multi-source, multi-target ETL solutions for data warehouses
- Significant experience of working with data in large, complex and fast moving business intelligence projects.
- Building relationships and working closely with the business and IT development teams
- Proven expertise in writing data mapping specifications
- Proficient in advanced SQL and analytics tools (SQL Server Management Studio, TOAD, Access, Excel, etc)
- Demonstrable experience of exposing data quality issues in source system data
- Good experience in one or more BI tools (SSRS, etc)
Desirable Skills Include:
- Knowledge of ETL tools, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Knowledge of master data management, data quality techniques and methods.
- Experience in and understanding of data modelling tools e.g.ERWIN
- Managing and leading other data analysts
Send an up to date CV immediately to be considered and to gain a full job specification. Interviews are due to happen as early as this week.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com