This job is no longer available
Do to the growth and restructuring within this market leading organisation, a new opportunity has been created for an experienced Product Manager from the Heavy Commercial Vehicle market. We are looking for a technical expert within the heavy truck market. You will work closely with the sales and market teams and this is a pivotal role within the organisation.
* Monitor Market size and trends by relevant segment.
* Monitor and evaluate sales performance versus competition.
* Monitor and evaluate Product technical specifications and performances versus competition.
* Propose product actions to address shortcomings
* Analyse and propose list prices and following approval create price lists
* Provide UK market specific input for product development to Range organisation in H.Q.
* Support the Sales Organization with customers for all technical aspects
* Work with Customers and Body Builders to develop applications/ conversions for the products.
* Provide product information to the sales force such as specification sheets, salesman's guides
* Provide product training to the entire sales force
* Promote the companies Alternative Fuels and Technologies to customers and public bodies
* Represent the organisation on SMMT technical committees
Knowledge and Experience:
* Degree in Engineering
* Excellent knowledge of Commercial Vehicle engineering, vehicle applications and bodybuilding.
* Ideally a minimum of 10 years commercial vehicle experience
* Results driven and goal oriented
* Commercial awareness -Product pricing positioning / Promotional action plans.
* Product requests, product specifications, definition of market product requirements for future products, etc.
* Knowledge of Vehicle legislation
* Ability to be work with Customers at all levels of the organisations
* Good proven Presentation skills
* Experienced in using Office Professional
* Must hold a full UK driving licence
* Commercial vehicle (C+E) licence is desirable but not essential.
UK & European travel Requirement:
The position calls for regular travel within the UK to Customers, Bodybuilders and Dealers. Therefore it is anticipated that:
* 20 -30% (on average) of the working week will be out of the Hertfordshire office with overnight stays as required
* Occasional European travel may also be required
For the right candidate this is negotiable. The company do have a salary range in mind of £40k - £45k basic + bonus + package. However for the right candidate with industry experience, they do not want to rule out anyone on salary, so candidates with higher salary expectations will still be considered.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com