This job is no longer available
Up to £55,000
My client are an exciting well-backed start-up who have been going for over 5 years. They have am impressive staff retention rate which speaks volumes for the type of working environment that they offer, especially being a start-up.
The role will involve taking Opensource components and integrating them into the cloud. The role holder will be responsible for creation and support for current integrations, as well as and implementing a new database schemas and data mart setup in line with the overall architectural strategy. Going forward the role holder will be expected to help with data presentation and visualisation part, so basic UI knowledge is an advantage.
The ideal candidate should have experience with some of the following:
* Experience in integration with different public APIs (youtube, facebook, twitter, flickr, amazon etc.)
* Experience with HTML, understanding URL structure
* Understanding JSON and JSONP
* Working withAJAXand RPC, RMI, RSS
* Information design and visualisation
* Data Modelling and Database Design
* Web security models understanding (OAuth, OpenID)
* VOD/Media Exposure
* Experience in working with SQL Server and MySQL database deployments
* Experience of Performance monitoring, troubleshooting, optimisation and tuning of these databases
* Use of Cloud Infrastructure - e.g. Amazon AWS* Knowledge of YouTube Data API * Data manipulation experience in Python * Knowledge of Java, Java Collections, Java performance * Business Intelligence experience * Open Source Data Integration and Analytics Tools - e.g. Talend, Pentaho * Machine Leaning experience * NoSQL databases - e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB, HBase
**A MEDIA BACKGROUND IS DESIRABLE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL **
If this sounds like your next opportunity, apply today with an up to date CV to Jennifer Smith.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com