Technical Architect - Sutton - £50-54k - International travel
To provide technical assistance and direction to a number of teams working to develop, test, and market software products. Including technical architecture and design activities covering application architecture and development guidelines, input to infrastructure guidelines and specification, and quality assurance activities. Includes providing support to IT proposals and products.
- Conduct feasibility studies, requirement gathering, general IT consultancy, system and technical project design and documentation, to provide input to the technology direction for IT project opportunities
- Actively contribute to the development of the technical strategy with particularly reference to new opportunities and sales and marketing
- Provide Business Systems Analysis inputs to internal and external projects, marketing and promotion, planning activities and negotiations, as appropriate
- Prepare and carry out technical presentations and product demonstrations
- Maintain and build technical knowledge and skills through Continuous Professional Development, training and industry awareness
- Take an active role in both defining and monitoring quality assurance guidelines covering development and testing activities within the relevant teams.
- Participate in the definition and adherence to quality standards and strategies
- Ensure business analysis development work conforms to agreed quality standard through the use of review and sign-off processes
- Supervise team members and contractors
- Contribute to project proposals, providing technical inputs as required
- Review project proposals for technical adherence to Terms of Reference
Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested
Proven track record with business experience in a technical consultancy or architectural role, primarily in a JEE environment.
Experience in at least five of the following technologies required:
JEE, JSF (ADF-Faces), EJB 3.0 (or JPA / Hibernate), BPEL, Oracle Database, Oracle Application Server (10g R3), ESB, Web-services (SOAP)
Experience in the following a bonus:
.Net: C#, ASPX; Microsoft CRM/xRM; JBoss
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com