Computer Futures are looking for a Business Analyst Manager for their market leading client in the Bristol area.
The successful candidate will be doing the following:
Reporting to the Head of Information Systems, you will be a key member of a team responsible for taking an idea for a system change right through the development process and delivering it to the business.
What will I be doing?
We pride ourselves on the strategic alignment and business value of our technology. To drive forward the firm, we are looking for a Business Analyst Manager who can make a significant positive impact by applying know-what, know-how and know-when. You will:
- Lead and manage a small team of Business Analysts in a fast moving matrix organisation. Guide and support other Business Analysts and reviewing their work.
- Plan, manage, elicit, analyse, document and communicate requirements (business, functional & non-functional). Deal with risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies.
- Work cross functionally to identify where technology and process improvements can be made. Work with in house and third party developers to deliver system changes on time, within budget and to the desired level of quality.
- System test and approve releases. Taking ownership of the related business change and providing early life support as required.
Provide 2nd level support for core business systems including billing, CRM, BI and public facing web sites.
Do I have what it takes?
- Underlying Competencies
- Highly computer literate & skilled in word processing, spread sheet and diagramming tools.
- Commercial awareness - in particular the strategic alignment of IT and value attainment from IT. Understands legal aspects of information systems (e.g. Data Protection Act in UK) and can advise on implications on IT systems, websites, etc.
- Highly proficient in personal organisation, teaching, communication (oral & written), facilitation, negotiation, leadership, influencing, teamwork.
- Analytical thinking & problem solving. Organisational structures and solutions for the enterprise.
- Subject Matter Expertise
- Business Intelligence (OLAP):- Crystal Reports, Business Objects and SQL Server Reporting Services. Data warehousing, reporting and analytics. Star schema, cubes, dimensions and metrics.
- Online Transactional Processing (OLTP) :- Billing, CRM, Web CMS and E-commerce
- Mandatory Knowledge
Highly numerate, degree educated.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com