This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 flexible on experience
Consultant: Rachael Farmer
My Client is the UK`s leading Biomass, Under Floor Heating, Heat Pump and Solar Panel specialists, dealing with the design and installation of both domestic and commercial sized systems.
You will report to the Operations Director, and will be responsible for the Mechanical and Electrical design team. The role would preferably suit a Mechanical or Electrical or Building Services Engineer with a background in renewable heating energy.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Hands-on design activity for your own projects
• Managing the workload of the design engineering team
• Mentoring and coaching of team members and sign-off of design proposals as required
• Preparation, interpretation and review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, systems and equipment in relation to PV, Equipment design and development for LV systems
• Reviewing and checking designs, drawings and data by other engineers or by suppliers meeting specifications
• Meeting the technical and commercial expectations of our clients.
• Liaising effectively with the Operations and Technical Sales teams, in addition to clients and external M&E contractors and consultants
• Carrying out initial feasibility assessment at the early quotation/tender stages of a project, on-going support through system design and installation in addition to aftersales support
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience of the full range of renewable technologies, including Air/Ground/Water Source Heat Pumps, Biomass, Solar Thermal and Solar PV, at all scales from domestic to large commercial Installations
• Leadership experience, particularly in managing stakeholders and clients in an environment of multiple competing priorities.
• Considerable experience dealing with large scale, megawatt projects for ground mount commercial solar
• Experience in Electrical AutoCAD design
• A recognised Electrical Engineering degree (17th Edition, NICEIC or similar)
• Qualified as a mechanical/electrical engineer at HNC/degree level and above, with an appropriate level of experience for a role of this level
• Appropriate building services/renewable energy industry qualifications and accreditations
• Work experience as an electrical engineer in the renewable sector
• Knowledge of British Standards and regulations
• Excellent report writing skills and extensive experience writing documentation at the different stages of a project
• Advanced IT skills and be fully conversant with the Microsoft Office suite
• Experience in construction sites, CSCS or similar certification
• Communication, organisational and team work skills
• Initiative, focus and commitment
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at:
+44 (0) 20 30022877