This job is no longer available
My client has created a one of a kind product for the Digital Agency industry, working on this innovative business system will give the right candidate an opportunity to put their name in the history books as you will be developing a game changing software.
This position is predominantly focused on Flex and as a result requires complete knowledge of the Flex Framework. My client is in search of a candidate who will be in charge of the development of their product, thereby playing a major role in the outcome of the software. It is about bringing the right level of Flex development experience as opposed to specific domain knowledge.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Flex Developer to take their career to the next level, as you will not just be another member of the development team, you will be in charge of certain aspects of the project, thereby giving you the opportunity to put your stamp in history.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on GUI development in Flex
- Involvement in the full life cycle of product development, from analysis, estimations, design, development and test of new features, ongoing enhancements and maintenance changes
- Provide guidance to other developers in technical design, coding practices and standards. Contribute to developing standards, methods and procedures
- Set an example in the group by consistent delivery, reviews and mentorship. Develop and foster knowledge and technical skills transfer, to remove key person dependencies
- Ensure work assignments are delivered on time and budget. Ensure Delivery acceptance, documentation and handover procedures are followed for all development
- Ensure solutions are robust and technically fit for purpose; and are designed with consideration for support and management in a production environment
- Report to management on a regular basis, detailing status of ongoing developments, highlighting issues/blockers
- At least 5 years of strong software development experience, with at least 3 of those years primarily in Adobe Flex
- At least 18 months proven experience with development in Flex 4.x and Adobe Flash Builder
- Solid understanding of Flex architectures, integration with Java server applications. Experience in developing Application Software in Flex, integrating Flex with data services such as Blaze DS
- Experience with Parsley framework
- Experience using client storage capabilities (SQLite) and bit-stream level manipulation of media files in Flash Player
- Knowledge of and exposure to performance testing & optimisation
- Experience with testing toolkits and code repositories (SVN)
- UML Design methodologies and diagramming notation
- Experience with Data Visualisation Libraries, Internationalisation, Personalisation/Customisation, and/or Client Application (MS Office, Adobe CS APIs) Integration a big plus
- Agile methodology exposure, or a keenness to adopt Agile principles
- Exposure to Object Oriented Programming
- Ability to build effective working relationships with technical peers
- Ability to build effective working relationships with non-technical customers
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work alone and use own initiative, engaging with others when needed
- Passionate about delivery of high quality software
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Problem analysis and resolution
Please apply by clicking the "Apply" buttom on this website or send an email with your CV attached . You can also call on 02074695255 for more information concerning the position.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com