This job is no longer available
The position is for a maternity cover due to start October for a full year, there will be a month's hand over with the present class teacher .The school aims to provide a high level of non religious education, were children learn a second language in a natural way with the staff providing all the care, attention nurturing and motivation necessary for the children to develop and achieve .The school use both the best of the British and French teaching methods providing a fruitful curriculum.
This picturesque school is situated within the grounds of a church. With a strong sense of Family and teamwork it is essential that the class teacher is confident and adaptable in her teaching methods as the class works on a two week rota were by the curriculum is broken up .Hence when with the French trained teacher they learn in French and when in the English class the children learn under the UK curriculum in English. What they are trying to succeed is very individual as the school opened in 2004 they are still fairly new and still adapting new methods and approaches. Classes are no larger than 15 children; behaviour management is minimal as the children are exceptional eager and willing to learn.
* Be UK Trained
* Be confident (as huge involvement from the Parents)
* Ability to Speak French not essential but an interest is desired
* A Team player as cooperation between French / British teacher is vital to development
* Use of Phonics
Benefits of the school
* Large Support
* Relaxed feel
* Close links with the French Community
* Lunches Provided for staff and children
* Wednesday afternoon left for Planning ( due to French input no children at school except for sports )