This job is no longer available
Senior NPI Buyer
As the Senior NPI Buyer on site you shall be working directly with the Development team and Project Management in the creation of new group wide products and to ensure that all new products are developed and introduced throughout the supply chain and manufacturing facilities effectively, efficiently and in accordance with the NPI procedures.
Leading activities required for Operations and Development teams to bring about continuous improvement in all areas of operations during the new product introduction phases and into launch.
You will be accountable for the quality and effectiveness of new product and business process performance within Operations and associated Supply Chain.
v You will be responsible for the cost, quality and reliability of externally sourced components and sub assemblies
v Creation of the manufacturing and supply chain strategy, with input from stakeholders, and project management of the deliverables ensuring timely completion in line with gateway reviews.
v Manage supplier relationships during product development to keep suppliers motivated and ensure a smooth transition into operations.
v To liaise directly with Operations Purchasing and Group Sourcing teams to ensure supplier selection complies with existing sourcing strategies
v Where required you will visit key suppliers to develop relationships.
- Degree Qualified Engineer (preferable) or HND / equivalent and qualified by > 3 years experience preferably with incorporated or chartered Engineering status
- Approximately 3 years plus experience in an electro-mechanical manufacturing or design related environment
- Previous experience of plastic injection moulding technologies including the production and sampling of new tooling
- Proven experience of managing complex supplier relationships and negotiation of contract terms/deliverables
- You will be able to demonstrate your understanding and use of appropriate tools, including statistical analysis, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing methods
- An understanding of capability studies, sample inspection processes and the ability to understand detailed technical drawings and specifications are a must
- Knowledge of supplier development and auditing tools and techniques e.g. ISO9001, ISO14001
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Influencing and negotiation skills at all levels, exercising a high degree of tact and diplomacy as required.
- Logical and analytical enabling effective project planning and control
- Knowledge of Minitab (desirable)
- Basic reliability principles and design for manufacturing methods (desirable)
- Flexible and innovative approach to problem solving
- Drive and energy
- Firm character - able to work alone or as part of a team
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com