This job is no longer available
A leading software company based inReadingis looking for an Infrastructure Manager to join there team, you will be responsible for the delivery of the SAAS service to support their application suite and a range of supporting applications.
The role is responsible for all aspects of providing the software services from infrastructure to database administration and application deployment.
The primary responsibility of the role is the management of Software-as-a-Service platform, covering infrastructure management and application provision.
The role includes management of the IT operations team, management of key IT relationships with franchises/divisions, customers and suppliers and management ofUKinternal IT and communications facilities.
- Managing the provision of Workware suite in line with agreed system availability SLAs. Delivery of all necessary processes to maintain system availability SLAs
- Issue and incident management in line with SLAs
- Change and configuration management
- Service continuity management
- System health monitoring and maintenance
- Capacity planning
- Release deployment management (hotfixes, minor software updates, major releases)
- Maintenance of effective processes and procedures for all of the above responsibilities in line with ITIL principles
Our clients are looking for someone with a detailed knowledge of IT operations best practices aligned to process areas listed above
- Knowledge of ITIL and experience of working within an ITIL governed environment (formal certification preferred)
- Significant experience of infrastructure and application support management
- Significant knowledge/experience of the relevant technologies used to provide services:
- LAN, WAN and Internetworking, including switches, hubs, routers and proxy servers
- Domain registration and management
- Firewalls, security policies and implementation
- Server architecture and management, including Blades
- Server monitoring solutions
- Windows Operating systems
- Virtual Server Technologies
- Disc technologies including RAID and SAN
- Backup and Restore technologies and processes
- Disaster Recovery methods
- Communication and influencing skills. Ability to develop complex arguments, to put technical matters concisely to non-technical audiences, and to influence decision-makers assertively and constructively.
- Project management experience
- Team management experience; front-line infrastructure/application support staff - Effective direction and objective setting, performance review and coaching, team motivation, problem/performance management, engagement with broader team.
- Risk management - ability to identify and highlight business risks
- Problem solving - application of logical and effective problem solving approaches
- Analysis skills - ability to produce insightful analysis to aid business decisions
- Proactive and energetic style
- Highly focussed on quality and service delivery
Please apply below or call Debra on 0118-955 2400.
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com