Salary: KR3 (£14,241-£16,144) (Term Time Only-37 hours per week)
Commencing: January 2013
Capita Education is currently working in partnership with the Milestone Academy based in New Ash Green (Kent) for an Administrative Assistant to start in January 2013.
The Milestone Academy is a specialist school for children aged between 2-19 years with profound, severe and complex learning difficulties. With 223 full time places on roll, the School is managed by a very supportive Head Teacher which is reflected in their latest Ofsted inspection rated as Good/Excellent.
As Administration Assistant, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Academy including working with SIMS, Microsoft Office and general clerical and project based work.
- Co-ordinate the Academy Annual Review process, arranging meetings, distributing paperwork and liaising with all parties involved.
- Maintain accurate records of all Annual Review meetings.
- Co-ordinate the student admissions process and ensure SIMS is kept updated.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Resolve administrative problems and enquiries.
- Support staff in assigned project based work.
- Previous experience of SIMS computer package.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to type 50 wpm.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.