Maths Higher level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) Job in Kent
HUNDRED OF HOO SCHOOL, ROCHESTER, KENT, ME3 9HH
MATHS HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT (HLTA)
COMMENCING: SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2012
SALARY: £16,610-£22,244 (39 WEEKS PA)
Hundred of Hoo School based in Rochester, Kent is seeking an ambitious Maths Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to start in September/October 2012. You will complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This will involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities when required for whole classes/small groups and monitoring pupils and assessing, recording and reporting on pupil's achievement, progress and development.
- Delivering learning activities to pupils within an agreed system of supervision, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs.
- Delivering local and national learning strategies, e.g. literacy, numeracy, KS3, early years and make effective use of opportunities provided by other learning activities to support the development of pupils' skills.
- Using ICT effectively to support learning activities and develop pupils' competence and independence in its use.
- Selecting and preparing resources necessary to lead learning activities, taking account of pupils' interests and language and cultural backgrounds.
- Organising and managing appropriate learning environment and resources.
- Monitoring and evaluating pupil responses to learning activities through a range of assessment and monitoring strategies against pre-determined learning objectives.
- Promoting the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement.
- Supervising lessons, including the entry and dismissal of classes, during the short term absence of a teacher and in the absence of a cover supervisor.
- If you have:-
- A qualification in English/literacy and mathematics/numeracy, equivalent to at least Level 2 of the National Qualifications Framework with a pass at GCSE Grade C or equivalent
- Achievement of the Professional Standards for Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- An NVQ level 2 in Teaching and Learning
- At least three years experience in supporting children's learning
- A good level of knowledge and understanding of more than one area of learning, e.g. English, mathematics, science, SEN.
- Specialist knowledge and experience e.g. in behaviour management, pastoral care, special educational needs or individual subject areas
- Knowledge of the legal definition of Special Educational Needs (SEN), and familiarity with the guidance about meeting SEN given in the SEN Code of Practice
- Confidence to work in a range of settings (special and mainstream) with pupils of all age and abilities
- Ability to plan own role in lessons including how feedback will be provided to pupils and colleagues on pupils' learning and behaviour
If you have the experience and want to continue your career in this rewarding work environment, then apply now at www.capitapermpartners.co.uk, call Tracy Wisdom on 0800 731 8883 or email your CV
* Please note that applications for the Hundred of Hoo School will only be accepted through Tracy Wisdom at Capita Education *
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check being undertaken before the position commences.