Computer Futures is currently recruiting for an Insight Analyst to join a market leading company in Bath the particular role is outlined below.
The Role - Insight Analyst
Reporting to: Lead Analyst - Data Intelligence
Understanding data is critical to helping drive value for our clients. Everything we do - from analysis through to consultancy starts with the data and it is critical that we get it right. The role of Insight Analyst is key and one that works closely with Response One marketing strategists and our clients ensuring that data and the insight you develop plays a key role in influencing our marketing decisions.
You will be responsible for providing analysis and insight solutions and reporting across a range of blue chip clients and sectors including charity, retail and finance. Typical projects include segmentation activity, profiling, propensity modeling and reporting - though there are also ample opportunities to get involved in the development of new ideas and products that we can take out to our base of over 100 clients.
This is a role for someone who is able to grasp a particular issue or opportunity and apply their knowledge, experience and intuition to deliver a great end product for the client.
You will need to be able to work in a fast paced agency culture (prior marketing agency experience would be beneficial) and be able to respond positively to change. Key attributes we look for are a passion for exceeding client expectations, a can-do attitude and a flair for finding creative solutions to complex problems. We look for self-motivated, hard-working ambitious individuals who are able to work both autonomously and as part of a friendly, but focused, team.
* Analyst reporting in to, Lead Analyst
* Working with the Lead Analyst and Client Leads to scope out and deliver analysis projects
* Liaising with the database management team to develop written briefs specifying data requirements for analytical projects
* Developing presentations to summarise analytical approach, output and implications
* Interpreting analytical output and developing recommendations to feed back to the client
* Developing relationships internally and working to identify ideas and projects that could use 'insight' across our internal teams and our external client base
* Working with the Lead Analyst and Client Leads to present back findings to clients
* Documentation of key findings and learnings
Required Skills and Experience
* Strong and demonstrable experience of working with SAS or SPSS (Ideally SAS - Previous experience of using SAS (2+years). SAS Base/Stat are preferable but will consider Enterprise Guide)
* A good understanding of data and databases and how to manipulate them
* An understanding of segmentations and modelling applied to marketing data
* A practical approach - not too theoretical but able to apply creative thinking to deliver an actionable end product
* Strong attention to detail
* A willingness to work around problems / less than perfect data
* Knowledge of SQL and in particular SQL Server 2008
* Able to view projects within the commercial context - able to identify the best solution for our clients but also a solution that will drive profit for R1
* A focus on the end product - with responsibility for many of the deliverables to the client, you will need to be confident everything produced meets our strict quality standards
* A good communicator both written and verbal
* Good client facing skills
* Able to work individually or as part of a team
* Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
Nice to Have Skills and Experience
* Experience of working in an environment that uses SQL Server 2008 R2 - T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS
* Experience of working with databases and systems that handle large volumes of data (10's of millions of records)
* Other data analysis or reporting software such as FastStats, Hive Intelligence
* Experience of working in an ISO27001 environment
* Marketing Agency background
* Degree in a numerate discipline
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com