Tidal Turbine Loads Engineer
An exciting opportunity within a leading developer of tidal stream technology has recently became available, offering the right candidate the opportunity to be involved in this pioneering technology.My client is looking for someone to take on the role of rotor load calculations and is offering a position of a turbine loads engineer within this rapidly expanding organisation. This position is based in Scotland and offers a competitive salary.
The role will involve:
- Aerolastic model preparation
- Developing the relevant set of load cases in close co-operation with the certification body
- Carrying out load calculations including post-processing
- Development of a fully integrated and dynamic rotor - drive train optimisation tool for various other model interfaces
- Share your knowledge of hydro dynamical calculations with your colleagues across Europe
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following:
- A degree in aerodynamics or other numerical specialisation
- Knowledge of either GH bladed, Aerodyn, FLEX, HAWC
- Knowledge of DNV, GL or IEC standards
- Knowledge of Matlab, C++, C#
Please contact me immediately expressing your interest in this position and an indication to your availability over the next two weeks to conduct an initial telephone conference.
To find out more about Huxley Associates please visit www.huxley.com