This job is no longer available
Rate: £275 - £375 per week dependent on experience
Do you have experience of working with young people?
Do you rise to the challenge of working with those with behavioural issues?
Capita Education's dedicated SEN division are currently looking for an experienced Cover Supervisor to work on a temporary basis within this Pupil Referral Unit based in Gillingham. Ideally we are looking for individuals with a background of working with disaffected young people.
The role with be to:
- Supervise groups of students during pre-pared lessons
- Deliver set work
- Offer pastoral support to challenging youths
We are looking for:
- Experience of working with challenging students such as Youth Work, or Residential Support Work
- A firm, fair approach with the ability to think on their feet, engaging students yet being adaptable and empathetic to their needs
- A calm and patient manner with the ability to communicate well with others including Teachers, Parents and other outside agencies
- Specialist skills and training in areas such as manual handling/restraint (e.g. Team Teach, SCIP, or other reputable courses) would also be an advantage
Our client is a small Pupil Referral Unit catering for Key Stage 4 students who are at risk of permanent exclusion or have been excluded. Many students exhibit social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. There is also a growing number of students with English and a Second Language. Students, taught in small groups of six, are supported by qualified and experienced staff. The school regularly works closely with other agencies within the community to enhance the learning provision of students. Students leave the school with accredited awards and many go on to further education.
In return for your hard work, Capita Education Resourcing will reward you with:
- A competitive daily rate
- Access to CPD including Team Teach and other courses via face to face and e-learning modules
- An opportunity to make a real difference within the SEN sector
To request further details, please contact Tara Lancaster on 01622 693545 or email your CV to email@example.com
Keep more of your hard earned pay by using Capita Education Resourcing's approved payroll partner. We can help you keep more of your earnings through tax-efficient payment methods. Details provided on application.
Capita Education Resourcing is an accredited Quality Mark Company