Senior Data Analyst
This leading digital agency is seeking an experienced Senior Data Analyst to help deliver cutting-edge, actionable insight for their clients and to expand their analytical capabilities. You will be responsible for driving and disseminating insight and plans across all clients and internal teams locally and globally.
You will have strong experience interpreting and analysing complicated, disparate, large-scale data sets and visualising your findings so that conclusions can be easily drawn. You will be able to bring complicated insights alive for non-technical/analytical people.
You will work hand-in-hand with counterparts based in the US and will develop a growing team of high-talent analysts working across clients in EMEA. You will work closely with senior management and client account teams and play a key role in the continuing growth of the agency.
- Work closely with client account teams/clients to understand campaign drivers and requirements and the potential for improved insight and performance
- Develop learning agendas and deliver value-adding insight on campaign performance
- Research and develop new analytical tools, techniques and processes that can improve the agency's offering
- Deliver "heavy analysis" to client teams on request and consult on appropriate tools and methods in areas including attribution modelling, statistical propensity modelling, predictive behavioural modelling/forecasting and processing and sampling of very large datasets through "big data" tools. Continually review and develop best practice
- Facilitate the identification and development of new storage and processing solutions/techniques
- Work closely with the Management Information and Agency Systems teams to roll-out value-adding tools, techniques and processes into a production environment
- Support the integration of new/maintenance of existing data sources and the production of regular campaign reporting. Help clients understand the key drivers of performance and inform future activity
- Contribute to the development of appropriate guidelines for the collection, processing and storage of data including analytical, cost, practicality and legal commercial considerations
- Manage team members ensuring efficient flow of work, timely delivery of high-quality outputs and continuing professional development
- Work closely with the Insight and Analysis Director and CIO to define and develop the analytical roadmap and proposition
- 5+ years' experience in an analytical role, at least 2 years of which should be within digital marketing
- Very strong numeracy and analytical skills, the ability to identify business questions, analyse complex data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- An understanding of how digital tracking works, what data points can be collected, including both opportunities/limitations and how performance can be measured
- 2+ years' experience of working with scale analytical data warehousing, preferably Oracle based, using advanced SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Advanced Linux bash scripting and use of UNIX utilities for text file manipulation and job scripting; Python scripting also an advantage
- Experienced working with "Big Data" solutions, preferably Hadoop and Hive
- Administration and job automation via public/semi-public cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services or Cloudera
- Use of statistical analysis software for complex modelling
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic agency which is doing cutting edge-work for key clients in the digital industry.