Senior Risk Manager - Operational Risk
This job has now expired
At Nationwide we go to great lengths to protect both our business and our customers. A great opportunity has arisen in the RMD Operational Risk team to shape and deliver our oversight capability and drive the embedding of our Enterprise Risk Management Framework to support business strategy. As a Senior Risk Manager you'll help us to improve our strategy still further, lending greater confidence to our risk processes and outcomes and giving customers every reason to trust in our organisation.
A more challenging role
If you are a proven stakeholder manager and expert within your current business profession who is looking for a new opportunity to work with and manage high performing teams; are passionate about making a difference and championing risk management within the society to drive business value and benefits and then this role could be right for you.
Directly managing a team and working proactively across our risk and business community, you'll drive and deliver effective oversight of operational risk management across the organisation.
A more talented person
Reporting to the Head of Group Operational Risk, you will:
* work collaboratively with all parts of the business, leveraging your business and risk expertise and deliver timely and insightful risk management advice and practical solutions to the business
* Work closely with risk management practitioners and business lines to support growing and maturing risk management capabilities and practices across the business.
* drive strategy and deliver to a high standard on the design, build and implementation of our operational risk framework.
* define and deliver the annual oversight plan and approach for operational risk
* lead 2LoD response to internal and external initiatives
* continually improve on our oversight approach and processes to meet the demands of the fast moving and dynamic business and regulatory environment
* provide independent assurance on the quality of risk management activities and mitigations in functional and key control functions across the society on behalf of the CRO and senior executive management to internal and external stakeholders.
* undertake senior relationship management meetings, attend governance committees and communicate to a high standard, presenting well constructed challenge.
* manage and deliver high quality assessments/reviews and provide effective reporting to inform and influence executive decision making.
You will ideally have prior experience working in Financial Services at a senior management level, in one or more of the following areas; IT, banking infrastructure, or distribution channels and have the required process knowledge. Relevant experience in a similar role (Audit, Compliance, Risk, Oversight) is ideal but strong candidates from other backgrounds will be considered.
You will be a confident communicator with a proven ability to influence senior stakeholders up to and including Divisional Directors. You will also have a proven track record of managing risk within an organisation and will understand the importance a risk culture brings within a large business.
An employer you're proud of
Our mutual status means we're here to benefit customers, not shareholders. Our commitment to customers, not shareholders, has always been what sets us apart from our competitors. And now, more than ever, our reputation for being open, honest and trustworthy is helping us go from strength to strength. Underpinning it all is a commercial operation that never stands still. We're always thinking ahead, aiming higher and sharpening our competitive edge. That's why we invest in people who are not only proud of what we stand for, but who also have the talent and drive to boost our performance still further.
The rewards you deserve
You put a lot into your work. But you also know you get a great deal in return. Help us continue to offer customers the best possible experience, and we'll give you all the support, recognition and rewards you've come to expect, including plenty of scope for development and growth.