This job is no longer available
An industry leading international organisation are looking for an MIS Developer to join them on a permanent basis.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000
The MIS Developer role will report in to the Software Development Manager and will assist in all areas of management information design, development and support. The data warehouse uses Microsoft technologies, namely:
* SQL Server 2005/2008/2012
* Integration Services (SSIS)
* Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Analysis Services (SSAS)
* Database design and development
* Reporting Services design and development
* Extract, Transformation and Loading of source data using SSIS
* Requirements gathering
* Provide technical expertise, advise and support to internal users both technical and non-technical
* Create and maintain relevant technical documentation to support future development and maintenance.
* Be able to create complex queries and reports
Skills and Experience:-
Candidates must have at least 2 yrs experience of SQL Server database development using SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 including Integration Services and Reporting Services. Analysis Services skills would be beneficial but are not a pre-requisite.
Applicants should have:
* Strong skills in complex query design, stored procedures, views and functions using T-SQL
* Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
* A good understanding of database and query optimisation
* A sound knowledge of database architecture and design
* Demonstrable ability to combine a focussed commercial awareness with the technical demands of the job
* Be proactive and be able to work with limited parameters and direction
* Able to use own initiative and be self-motivated to drive things forward to successful conclusions
* Be an effective communicator with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels of the business across multiply sites
* Be able to train and transfer knowledge to other team members about best practice, process and procedures
IF THIS POSITION IS OF INTEREST PLEASE FORWARD AN UP TO DATE CV AND I WILL BE IN TOUCH, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL ME ON 01216324444.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com