Teacher of English (Key Stage 3 and 4)
School: Ash Manor School, Surrey
Job title: Teacher of English
Start date: January 2013 or sooner
Salary: MPS/UPS + London Fringe
Closing date: ASAP
Ash Manor School is an oversubscribed 11-16 school with an excellent reputation in its local area, pleasantly situated between Guildford and Aldershot in Surrey. Our school is characterised by a driving determination to provide the very best opportunities for each and every student.
In 2012 we have again achieved the best ever results with 93% of students achieving 5+ A*-C overall, and 66% of students achieving 5 A*-C with English and Maths.
We are seeking to appoint an innovative and dynamic Teacher of English who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of our children and young people. Ideally, this permanent job is suitable for experienced teachers.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified to deliver the English across Key Stages 3 - 4
- Degree, preferably in English or another relevant subject
- Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Passion for English Language and Literature and ability to inspire students
- An excellent communicator who is able to meet deadlines
- A reflective practitioner who is willing to take an active role in the wider life of the school
Ash Manor School will provide a highly supportive working environment. We are committed to professional development and therefore there is an excellent training programme in place as well as opportunities for career progression.
To apply and for further information, please visit http://www.ashmanorschool.co.uk/ and contact Tarja Aila at our partner Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email .
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB check is required for this role.