Linux Administrator, Redhat
Linux, Unix, System Administration, Storage, EMC, VMware, Redhat, Red Hat
A Unix / Linux and Storage Systems Administrator is required to join the International Engineering team with a leading US Investment Bank. The successful candidate's role will be to support the Linux and UNIX, Storage and VMware infrastructure. A large part of the role will cover the to integration into the infrastructure team.
The role will be working within the International Engineering team based inLondon. This team covers all technical infrastructure disciplines including Wintel, Networks, DBA, etc
The key responsibilities are:
- Unix/ Linux systems day to day support, new servers build, troubleshooting, patch management, software deployment;
- Backup infrastructure day to day support: tape rotation, issues troubleshooting, routine maintenance scheduling;
- Storage provisioning, troubleshooting, capacity upgrades planning and scheduling;
- VMware vSphere environment day to day support, new servers build and issues troubleshooting;
- Server and storage hardware installation;
- Participation in on-call rotation.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Extensive experience of Unix Systems administration: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and Oracle (Sun) Solaris 10
- Network protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SSH, FTP, NFS,NIS
-Enterpriseclass server hardware: HP DL- and BL-series, Oracle/Sun M- and T-series
- SAN/NAS Storage: EMC CLARiiON/Celerra and Cisco MDS products
Beneficial but not mandatory:
- Scripting languages: Perl, Shell script or other
- Servers Virtualisation: VMware vSphere 4/5
- Vendor products: Veritas Storage Foundation, EMC NetWorker
This role is based in the City, London, and will pay up to £90000 base salary, plus benefits and bonus.
To find out more about Real Staffing please visit www.realstaffing.com