This job is no longer available
School: St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls, Carshalton, Surrey
Job: Learning Support Assistant - Behaviour and Inclusion
Salary Point: 18 - 25: £18,915 - £23,277 pro-rata depending on experience
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday term time only plus 2 weeks
Start date: Immediate
St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls in Carshalton in Surrey are looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant - Behaviour and Inclusion to support students to ensure that they attend school, are prepared for lessons and display appropriate behaviour for effective teaching and learning, so that each student reaches their full potential whilst at school.
The successful candidate will ideally be a passionate individual dedicated to working with children of all ages, with experience of creating and delivering a variety of programmes that deal with social, emotional and behavioural issues. They will have excellent behaviour management skills, able to build and improve relationships with parents and external agencies, work with students to identify barriers to learning and develop appropriate strategies to overcome these barriers ensuring all vulnerable groups achieve.
The role requires an individual who has:
- GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English
- Recent experience of working with children of secondary school age, preferably in a Learning Support Assistant role
- Excellent Literacy and Numeracy skills
- Ability to inspire students
- Knowledge of Social, Emotional and Behavioural difficulties (BESD) and Individual Education Plans (IEPs)
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls is a thriving Technology, Language and Leadership Partner College with highly motivated pupils and staff. The school has 1,248 pupils with 295 in the Sixth Form.
Our Ofsted report from March 2008 says "St Philomena's is an exceptional school."
2011-2012 A-Level results:
- 21% A*
- 45% A*-A
- 75% A*-B
2011-2012 GCSE results:
- 98.4% 5 A*-C
- 86.5% 5 A*-C (inc En & Ma)
- 49.8% A*-A
Closing date: 12.00pm, Thursday 22nd November 2012
Interviews: Week beginning Monday 26th November 2012
Further details and an application form are available from Tarja Aila at our partner Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email . Please also go to our website www.stphils.co.uk for further details.
Safeguarding: St Philomena's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Criminal Records Disclosure.